Information Technology Current and Future Trends
Information technology is an industry on the rise business structure, job growth, and emerging technology will all shift in the coming years. Current trends are improving and presenting new functions in fields like medicine, entertainment, business, education, marketing, law enforcement, and more Information technology is advancing so rapidly that new developments are quickly replacing current projections
Current trends in IT
- Cloud Computing - Cloud computing is a network of resources a company can access, and this method of using a digital drive increases the efficiency of organizations. According to Forbes, 83 percent of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud by 2020, which means 2019 will show an increasing trend.
- Mobile Apps and computing - Mobile phones, tablets, and other devices have taken both the business world and the personal realm by storm. Mobile usage and the number of applications generated have both skyrocketed in recent years. Now, 77 percent of Americans own smartphones — a 35 percent increase since 2011.
- Big data analytics - Big data is a trend that allows businesses to analyze extensive sets of information to achieve variety in increasing volumes and growth of velocity. Examination of data to understand markets and strategies is becoming more manageable with advances in data analytics programs.
- Automation - Another current trend in the IT industry is automated processes. Automated processes can collect information from vendors, customers, and other documentation. Machine learning can enhance these automated processes for a continually developing system. Automated processes for the future will extend to groceries and other automatic payment methods to streamline the consumer experience.
Emerging Trends in IT Industry
- Artificial Intelligence and Smart machines - Artificial intelligence harnesses algorithms and machine learning to predict useful patterns humans normally identify. Smart machines take human decision-making out of the equation so intelligent machines can instigate changes and bring forward solutions to basic problems. Companies are rallying around artificial intelligence in the workplace because it allows employees to use their abilities for the most worthwhile tasks, along with management of these smart machines for a more successful system.
- Virtual Reality - Technology that includes virtual reality is becoming prevalent. The software of virtual reality is making many industries prepared for various scenarios before entering them. The medical profession is projected to use virtual reality for some treatments and interactions with patients in the coming years. Virtual training sessions for companies can cut costs, fill in the need for personnel, and increase education. According to Gartner, by 2023, virtual simulations for selected patients with specific illnesses will reduce emergency room visits in America by 20 million. These simulations will have intelligence capabilities, so virtual-reality care can still provide patients with proper attention.
- Augmented Reality- Augmented reality is a more versatile and practical version of virtual reality, as it does not fully immerse individuals in an experience. Augmented reality features interactive scenarios that enhance the real world with images and sounds that create an altered experience. The most common current applications of this overlay of digital images on the surrounding environment include the recent Pokémon Go fad or the additions on televised football in the U.S.
- Blockchain- Blockchain data, like the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, is a secure method that will continue to grow in popularity and use in 2019. This system allows you to input additional data without changing, replacing, or deleting anything. In the influx of shared data systems like cloud storage and resources, protecting original data without losing important information is crucial.
- Internet of Things (IoT)- The Internet of Things (IoT) is an emerging movement of products with integrated Wi-Fi and network connectivity abilities. Cars, homes, appliances, and other products can now connect to the Internet, making activities around the home and on the road an enhanced experience. Use of IoT allows people to turn on music hands-free with a simple command, or lock and unlock their doors even from a distance.
Many of these functions are helping organizations in customer interaction, responses, confirmations, and payments. Remote collection of data assists companies the most. IoT almost acts like a digital personal assistant. The intelligent features of some of these IoT products can aid in many company procedures. Voice recognition and command responses will allow you to access stored data on cloud services.
IT is one of the most dynamic industries in this world. The jobs that exist today didn’t exist 20 years back. Fast changes in technology are the main reason behind this. This is why we so many tech startups are commencing their business recently and growing massively.
Below is the list of current and future job profiles.
- Full-Stack Software Programmer/ Developers
- Project Leaders
- Full Stack Data Science Specialist/ Database Administrator/ Network Engineer
- Cloud Services Developer
- Web Administrator/Full Stack Web Developer/ SEO Analyst/ SEO Specialist
- System Analyst/System Engineer/ Information Security Specialist
- Cloud Computing/IoT Developer
- Blockchain programmer
- User interface (UI) User experience (UX) specialist
Top Companies Hiring IT Professionals -
Apple Inc, Amazon, Microsoft, Cisco, Intel, IBM, Oracle, Accenture, Facebook
Baidu, SAP and more
The popularity of IT is due to its potential for improving the lives of a Common Man.
Undoubtedly, Information Technology is a stream, which can change one’s destiny in a positive way. There is no death for job options for qualified professionals in this stream. However, one has to accept the fact that the ability of the students plays a pivotal role in the success of their career. The salary packages also vary depending abundantly on the competence and experience of the individual in the field. Check out our blog - Salary Package for a Coder or Software Developer